[Ansteorra-missile] Need Authorizing Marshals

Ironwyrm ironwyrm at housearkham.com
Thu Sep 8 14:00:52 PDT 2005

Both Fearghus and I found ourselves with our transport arrangement
backing out with less than ten days remaining before the event
over the sudden rise in fuel price.  While attempting to secure
another ride I had a family crises, ending my trip to Gothic.

I think I can speak for honorable lord Fearghus as well when I say
even could we had been at Gothic we wouldn't just authorize
someone unknown to us in combat archery.

Unless you are well known to me as a previously authorized
combat archer and can prove to me your knowledge of combat
archery rules are current and up to date, don't expect to come
and just get signed off as authorized in combat archery.  The
authorization process is going to take many sessions of learning
combat & combat archery rules, the making of combat archery
equipment and active observations during local fighter practices
to complete.  When you have exhibited the proficiently & skill to
safely participate as a combat archer, then and only then will
I consider signing you off as authorized in combat archery.

Should you desire to become a combat archer you need to
contact your regional archery marshal to find out whom the
authorizing combat archery marshals within your region are.
Then contact them to learn what you need to know and make
arrangements to spend some time to become authorized.

If you show up expecting to get authorized in combat archery
just before a battle you're very likely to be disappointed!

Regards,

HL William Blackdragon  (called "Ironwyrm")

Wes Duke <fearghus at elfsea.net> wrote:
Pug Bainter wrote:

>Robin Allen (robinbjornsborg at yahoo.com) said something that sounded like:
>

>> At Gothic last weekend we had 4 heavy fighters who were interested
>>in getting authorized as combat archers. Trouble is we had no archers
>>who were warranted to authorize. Patrick Michael and Ulsted were both
>>there and said they could take care of it but I need to follow up on
>>that. This needs to be looked into as it is difficult to for some fighters
>>(especially out in the Western Region) to get to some events and they
>>may be waiting a long time for an event where they can get authorized.
>>

>This is major problem. There are very few authorizing marshals and
>even fewer CA authorizing marshals. This is roughly proportional to the
>number of fighers to CA combatants. The process of how to get authorized
>is quite clearly laid out for many months now and folks that do not have
>someone local to them (or who knows their abilities well enough) they
>should contact the authorizing marshals to make arrangements. If they
>don't know who they are, they should contact the Regional or Kingdom
>Archery Marshal.
>
>Now that being said, I've only had one person from the *Northern* region
>contact me about combat archers getting authorized in the Western
>region. This was at the last minute even.
>
>I've only had one or two people contact me about marshals out there which
>I told them we could work on but it wasn't something that they would be
>able to do without field training. You don't just learn all the rules
>and safety measures in an hour.
>
>The Western region has problems with archery in general and CA in
>specific. There is not any driving forces out there with the experience
>to resolve this problem. When there is no activity in the region there
>is not likely to be anyone who *can* authorize due to a lack of experience.
>It's a bad catch-22, but not one that I can easily solve and I
>absolutely not do it by authorizing people I have never seen do the job.
>
>Btw, I had full intention of being there but I was unable to make it
>due to my health. I had also thought Arcus Fearghus and Arcus Ironwyrm
>were going to be there.
>
>Ciao,

Due to mundane issues namely, gas prices and the fact I have been sick
for over a week, I could not attend.

Arcus Fearghus MacKenna