[Ansteorra-missile] Combat Archery Authorization

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Wed Mar 1 08:12:08 PST 2006

Heilsa,

The methods concerning how a good gentle is authorized is well defined,
so this might not help you or anyone else at this late date in the same
situation. Although it might help some combat archers who might wish to
blow the dust off their skills prior to leaving for Gulf Wars.

There will be a Joint War Practice hosted by the Barony of the Steppes
on March 5th in the Central Region, starting at 12 Noon and running
until 6 PM or until everyone is ready to quit. The location is Mary
Heads Carter park (MHC) in Carrollton, which is the regular fighter
practice site for Steppes. We meaning, Steppes and Elfsea, have been
running these Joint War Practice scenarios for a number of years, with
each barony taking a turn at hosting - so the schedule has been one
month at Elfsea and the next will be at Steppes.  The month that Steppes
host these practices have combat archery scenarios involved. Plus, I
have the luxury of being to able to practice either solo or with the
heavy fighters every Sunday afternoon.

See the Steppes Web site for the location within the City of Carrollton.

The park - MHC - combat archery is performed within this park and has
been since November 2001, with the approval of the City of Carrollton.
The last time anyone was authorized here in this park was prior to the
"Reset of all Authorizations" by his Grace. Since MHC is also the
regular Steppes fighter practice site, it is the ideal location for
authorizing Combat Archers, which would also include that portion of
actually working with heavy fighters. The fact that I am only Combat
Archer/Missile Marshal who makes regular use of this location for
training - including working with and against heavy fighters, providing
calibration of fighters, etc..., is sad to say the least.

I am a Combat Missile Marshal, can not authorized anyone - could get
people ready to be authorized. Once again this is too late for you or
anyone else to be authorized for Gulf Wars this year. Something to think
about for next year.

YIS,

Michael Kettering
Combat Archer for the Condottieri