ARN - our goals

PotterKD@aol.com PotterKD at aol.com
Sat Jul 31 19:09:32 PDT 1999

In a message dated 7/31/1999 4:09:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
larkin at webstar.net writes:

<< Someone on an inter kingdom list  mentioned ,that we as a rapier
 > community do not have any goals. I would like to see what our list
 > thinks of this idea.  .................

And then Larken said.....

>>> THE GOAL?  It's a truism and soundx quite trite but if there is only
 to be ONE goal I would like it to be to "have fun safely." .... >>

First off -- Larken you are right...but I think that Marquet's question is
trying to go deeper.  We as a community tend to stagnate and not progress
further or farther.  Here in Ansteorra rapier is not going to disappear as it
does in other kingdoms due to the whim of the crown.  It is part of our
history and how we identify ourselves.  We as a community have become
comfortable with this.....and at times it appears not to seeking anything
more.  I think this is the bases of Marquet's question....as a community
where do we go from here -- where are our goals?

Learning to serve the dream,

K.