ARN - Princess's blade and the cadets

Marcus Hite mbhite at arn.net
Wed Jun 2 12:43:48 PDT 1999

Russell Parker wrote:

> Although I for one would like to see awards for the art of duello
> created like the ones that the heavy fighters have.  And why not have
> the White scarfs made into a peerage.

Other than the having a peerage rapier is not short any award that I can count.
Maybe I am wrong here, if so .....would someone please tell me what awards we're
missing?

Why not make rapier a peerage?.....lets see.  Peerages are SCA wide, not just
kingdom....not all kingdoms in the known world even have rapier, and many are
just getting rapier to blossom. WS is a grant level fighting award.    I do
believe that some day rapier will have a peerage, but not till every kingdom has
rapier, and it is widely accept.  This will take years IMHO.

Can open worms everywhere,
Marquet de la Heyt
Student to Don Donovan