ARN - Red Scarves

Paul Dixon jeanpaulstmichel at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 6 23:22:04 PDT 1999

    Speaking for myself, I viewe my cadet scarf as representing much more
than a student teacher relationship.  I see it as wearing the honor of my
don on my shoulder (much like the favor of a lady or lord).  It invites
others to reprouch me if I behave in an manner which is uncourtly, either
directly or through my don.  It represents my fealty to my don and through
him to the crown.  Most importantly it represents my dedication to one day
being worthy of wearing a white scarf and trying to live up to my ideal of
what a don should be.
    I don't mean to say that the many across the lands who do not wear a
scarf don't share the same ideas or aspirations.  There are many much
further along the path to the white scarf than I who choose not to wear a
scarf of any color for many different reasons (which are their own).

Returning form my long sabbatical,
Jean Paul Saint Michel
Cadet to Don Modius