ARN - Battle of the Pines XVI Challenge

j_smallw@TITAN.SFASU.EDU j_smallw at TITAN.SFASU.EDU
Tue Oct 26 17:57:01 PDT 1999

A while ago I had challenged fighters to come to Graywood's Battle of the
Pines and test their skill against the white scarves there.  I must have
scared people away since only 4 stalwart individuals dared to face our
blades.  I promised to reward those who succeeded in besting any don or
dona there.  In keeping with that promise, I offer the following word
fame.

Throughout the kingdom, I sent a call
for someone to challenge the scarves of white.
Four came this day to test their might.
Two stood strong and two did fall.

The best of three passes, the terms were laid.
Weapons were chosen, and all were agreed.
The stage was set for these doers of deeds.
They fought as if a prize was being played.

Good Lord Sylvias gave it all his heart.
He took to the field with buckler and blade.
A thrust through the side, final point was made.
The blade flew true and straight as a dart.

Iago, who has long been my cadet,
took the field with sword and dagger of steel.
Flashing blades, and soul full of zeal.
His point (deadly) struck home.  Well met!

These two, I have long had the pleasure to know.
They met my challenge with courage and resolve.
As sure as day follows night and the earth does revolve,
they will continue to strive and grow.

Ansgar