ARN - To Honor the Rose

amberd@flash.net amberd at flash.net
Fri Aug 25 08:20:23 PDT 2000

Darius proposed
> With this in mind we could have a tourney such as this once or twice a year,
> it need not be a comparison to Queens Champion, for we are not fighting to
> maintain the defense of the brightest star illuminating the Ansteorran
> night. Rather we fight for the opportunity to give honor and praise to the
> most inspiring Order of the Rose. We would be fighting for the opportunity
> to humble ourselves before their grace and wisdom and give homage unto them.

I like the idea of a tournament that pays homage to the Order of the Rose. I
think that such a grand tournament would be better served to be conducted say
every ten years or every five maybe in conjunction with our anniversary events.
It would have been a perfect way to celebrate the anniversary of the beginning
of Rapier fighting in Ansteorra. On the other hand, we could have the
tournament and then have the next ten years later.

Your suggestion on how to honor the champion is very nice. I particularly like
the honor of the toast.

Amerinda di Praga
(I believe I would qualify as "other" in your list of who would participate ;-)