ARN - Heavy Rapier Only?

CADET1313@aol.com CADET1313 at aol.com
Thu Feb 24 06:50:56 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/24/00 8:24:20 AM Central Standard Time,
tbretz at mciworld.com writes:

<<
 That having been said, I'm not sure that Guardian of the Gauntlet is the
 proper tournament to try such a thing.  GoG is a tournament with a
 long-standing tradition in Ansteorra and that tradition does not include
 excluding people.  I would suggest that the person(s) putting on this
 tournament consider the possible backlash that could come from people who
 feel that the arte of the rapier in Ansteorra is moving inexorably towards
 heavier, more expensive blades and choose to avoid this event in droves.
 Perhaps a side tournament that is open to all, or melee scenarios that
 exclude the heavy rapier entirely might in some way mitigate the perception
 that this is a "schlager-jocks"-only event.

 Etienne
 Trying to argue for both sides is tiring work

We were planning to have scenarios that were for non-heavy rapier minded
people :o)
even a few melees. both sat and sunday. we are tring to find the best combo
of events to have at this event. ( did that sound odd to anyone else??? oh
well) Schlager-jocks??? now thats a new term I have not heard before. Thou I
would be hard pressed to call Martin a schlager-jock. (even thou that is all
he fights with. look for the young man with the truely bated blades which
have been corked)

Pieter