ARN - Heavy Rapier Only?

Theron Bretz tbretz at mciworld.com
Thu Feb 24 09:08:25 PST 2000

> When great weapons only, mass weapons only, spear only, and axe only
events
>are
> held it only takes borrowing the elements missing in order to participate.
It
> doesn't require a separate authorization.
>
> Larkin >>
>
>with spear is does :o)
>Pieter

Actually, Pieter, only /fiberglass/ spear requires a separate authorization
(unless they've outlawed rattan spears while I wasn't looking).  Larkin does
have a point I hadn't considered.  However, I'd counter slightly by pointing
out that ownership of the equipment is not a prerequisite for heavy rapier
authorization.  Most people could get authorized on borrowed equipment
without too much trouble.

Etienne