ARN - Tournament Styles

Amy Forsyth aforsyth at UH.EDU
Thu Feb 24 09:17:47 PST 2000

I think there is a clause in the new Corp. rules for 'special' tournaments?
 It's the same one that would permit you to do the armor-counts-as-armor
type of tourney.  I think we'd just have to have approval from higher up.

Maybe there would have to be *some* modifications:  current armor
standards, maybe not the rattan daggers....      I think blow-calling,
weapons used, and the formalities of the tournament would be the key
differences; Dons ran the whole affair, no marshalate structure.  My
understanding is that the courtesy on the field and the pressure of people
opposed to rapier combat at that time prevented a lot of the behavior that
is now excluded in writing (in otherwords, they had to be on their best
behavior; no rules-lawyers).

Wouldn't you like to see some of the Dons that we know today by name only
come back and fight?  Preserve *our* history?

(I think your Ages example is rather amusing considering what we do.
History repeating itself....again.)		:-)

~Addy