ARN - Heavy Rapier Only?

j_smallw@TITAN.SFASU.EDU j_smallw at TITAN.SFASU.EDU
Sun Feb 27 09:02:08 PST 2000

Quoting Theron Bretz <tbretz at mciworld.com>:

>  However, I'd counter slightly by
> pointing
> out that ownership of the equipment is not a prerequisite for heavy rapier
> authorization.  Most people could get authorized on borrowed equipment
> without too much trouble.
>
> Etienne

True, but I'd add the caveat that those people may not be familiar enough with the equipment to truly be safe as they may not be fighting with it on a regular basis like they would with they're own weapons.  It is something that the authorizing marshals need to consider.   I'm authorized for heavy rapier, but I don't feel comfortable enough with it to want to use it in tourney yet, and definately not in melee.  As Shea is the only other person here with a heavy rapier rig, I don't get that much practice and have to rely on pickups when I go to events for most of my experience.

Ansgar