ARN - Ansteorran Rapier Academy

amberd@flash.net amberd at flash.net
Thu Jul 6 12:40:19 PDT 2000

According to Tivar's History of Rapier Combat in the SCA (which happens to be
in the  AoR booklet) the '96 Academy in Stepps was the 3rd KWAR. Tivar also
stated that the third AoR was the debute for "The Machine" and that was in 1987.

So if we had an AoR every year since 87, except for 96 (when we held a KWAR)
and 99 (when we didn't hold one)  then we are now at number 14.

What do you think, does it sound resonable? Or did we skip another AoR
somewhere along the way and thus are still at 13? Maybe we should just skip 13
and declare that this is number 14?

Amerinda

On Thu Jul  6 14:07:08 2000, ansteorra-rapier at ansteorra.org wrote:

> I'm pretty sure there wasn't an academy in '99.  However, was the Steppes
> academy (1996 #11) that you've got listed actually an Ansteorran academy
> or was that the KWAR that we hosted there?  If it was the KWAR then this
> would be Academy #13 which explains a lot of things.
>
> Ansgar
>
> On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, gptaylor wrote:
>
> > We had actually thought of using that picture.  Kinda hard making it look
good
> > in B&W...but might still be nice.	Especially when surrounded by the
Correct