ARN - still kinda new....

IagoAH@aol.com IagoAH at aol.com
Mon Nov 6 20:36:56 PST 2000

What a loaded question.  In its basic format, the white scarf is an order set
up to reward those who excel in rapier play and also are good examples for
the rest of the community.  The constitution of the order reads that it will
recognize thos with exceptional skill and chivalry in rapier combat, service
to the kingdom and its people, knowledge of the courtly graces, and obediance
to the laws and ideals of the kingdom of Ansteorra and the SCA.

It is the highest award available in most kingdoms for rapier combat, much
like knighthood is for combat with rattan.  Unlike knighthood, it is not a
peerage (the hghst level of award, but grant or AOA level depending on the
kingdom.

Its members call themselves Don  or Dona, and are selected by the queen, with
advice from the other members of the order.

Did that give a general overview?  Is it clear as mud now?

Hope this was a little bit helpful.
Iago
Cadet to Don Ansgar
Stargate