ARN - While we're talking about the new cards...

Charlie Cain larkin at webstar.net
Tue Sep 19 07:54:11 PDT 2000

Theron Bretz wrote:

> 1)  It is, in essence, a legal document and should be worded as such.  To
> trivialize the authorization to participate in fighting activities
> diminishes the responsibility to do so safely.

Ah Etienne, "lighten up dude" :)  A legal document can be phrased any
way that conveys the message.  A simple phrase lkke "all to mom"
scribbled on a piece of paper has been upheld as a legal last will and
testament.  I'm not a laqwyer but I'm sure that our "Oakey Dokey"
cards don't loose any legal significance because they are phrased in a
light hearted manner.  Even if the lawyers in the group are a bit
miffed about it.

Of course, as allways, your mileage may vary.

Larkin
--
"The age of a person doesn't mean a thing. The best music
is played on the oldest violins." --Jesse Andrews
larkin at webstar.net
http:\\web2.airmail.net/larkin