ARN - schlagger

Chris Backus cbackus at peakonline.com
Wed Sep 20 07:08:13 PDT 2000

The easiest way I've found is to go to an archery supply store and buy
a rubber rabbit blunt.  Trim any pointy projections from the end and
insure it is smooth (don't remove any real material except the cone
shaped pointy projections).

Check that the tip of the schlager is cut straight across.  Check that
the end is clean and not greasy (might keep the tape from sticking
well).

Drop washer that you bought to fit in the rabbit blunt in the rabbit
blunt.  This will help preserve the blunt, but is optional.

Put the blunt over the tip of the schlager.

Tape the blunt on to the schlager with a contrasting color of duct
tape.

Others have used different methods, but this one will work.

Don Stephen Hawkins
Northern Regional Rapier Marshal