ARN - Looking for Schlager, Del-Tin blades....

Chris Backus cbackus at peakonline.com
Tue Jan 16 12:51:59 PST 2001

Sure!  Keep throwing easy ones at me...

There are a lot of online sources that work really well.  The best for Del-Tins is Darkwood Armory, which Avery already provided the address too.  Many great sources can be found at http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/marshal/rapier/misc/links.htm

Several primarily fencing retailers also target the SCA rapier market.  I like Triplette blades, but I haven't bought a schlager in six years or so, so I don't know how their current quality is.  The guards are sometimes cast which aren't as strong as welded.  I like the work a lot of SCA folks are doing in the regard, including Darkwood.  Some local folks that do guards are Yoshiie and Don Timothy.

Let me know if you need more or specific help,

Don Stephen Hawkins
Wastelands