ARN - Melee Terms

Christopher M Morris chrism at etimesolutions.com
Wed Jan 17 16:36:28 PST 2001

A simple dying gasp of "DEAD!!!" will usaully work fine as long as those
near you repeat "Simone's dead!!!" Then you can use a very powerful and
simple command "GAP!!!" if he leaves a vacant hole that the enemy can
exploit. I just want to say it now and get it out of the way, don't shout
"Hole!!" when a gap forms. For some reason half the fighters will stop and
drop to a knee. And of course if you do it often a Marshall may annouce you
as dead (this had to be done at last years Estrella battles.)

Remeber the fewer words, the less chance that they will get confused.
Murphy's law doubles on the field in a Melee. If a simple dead, followed by
others saying Gap will keep the line intact, thats all that needs to be
said. You may also not know who Simone is when you hear "Simone's Dead!"
Just know that one of your mates goes down, there may be a weakness in the
line and that needs to be filled. "Dead" will get the attention of those
that were near you. They will have to make the judgement if the gap can be
filled with out you are replacements may be needed.

Just simple advice from a 2 bit grunt.

Eoin