ARN - Authorization

Kevin Varner KVarner at planview.com
Wed Jan 17 18:07:51 PST 2001

Point of order here!

If I am stupid enough to not wear my cup and tell the marshal "Yes"
when they ask if I am wearing it, then I will get what I deserve.

The marshal who taps me in the cup without my permission is on thin ice.
Many years ago in Drachenwald, a knight was teaching all of the marshals
to pop every fighter between the legs with a stick of rattan. He found
it highly amusing until he ruptured someone.

I know you're talking about a light tap, but tap me and I'll definitely
tap you.

Duncan MacConacher
Cadet to Don Tivar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra

(snipped)

>How have you seen it done?
Well if you really want to know. Just a light tap from underneath with a
scabbard. if it clicks your good. Though most gentlemen don't do the check,
they just ask. On the other hands, some of the fine lady's love to see us
squirm and do so with such a smile, you couldn't do anything but stand still
and take it :)
(snipped)

Eoin