ARN - Melee practice for war

Wayne Ross duncan at stormypetrel.org
Thu Jan 18 20:22:38 PST 2001

And don't forget the war practice event - Border Wars, to be held in the
Canton of Lindenwood on the same weekend as Candlemas! There will be
heavy and light melee practices in the open field, the woods, and at a
fort. There will also be siege weapon and archery, and authorization
classes for most, if not all weapon styles.

There is a dayboard feast running all day to help fighters stay
energized.

The site is near Lake Grapevine, smack dab in the middle of
Elfsea/Steppes, and crash space is available, despite the fact that it
is a camping event.

Please include this event in all future announcements of where melee
practices are happening.

This is a great alternative for those not going to Bryn Gwlad Candlemas
to get some more practice in before Gulf War.
Hope to see you all there!

Don Duncan Hepburn
Seneschal of the Steppes
Central Regional Rapier Marshal