[Ansteorra-rapier] Re: [RN] IKA and period question...

Chandranath chandra at plumes.org
Mon Oct 1 18:07:15 PDT 2001

> If there is documentation from other masters that endorses blade grabbing sans
> mail glove or gauntlet, I know I'd be interested in reading it.  Perhaps some
> of the other posters could provide it and further educate us all.  I'd also be
> interested in different interpretations than mine above.o

This conversation on sca-rapier has been fascinating, but I had a question
kingdom-centric, so I thought I'd narrow the focus to ansteorra-rapier:

Has anyone used a mail glove in official rapier combat?  Not for grabbing,
since that's illegal in Ansteorra at this time, but I'm curious if there
are concerns with its interaction with blades.  Any thoughts?

I ask because I've gotten into mail work, and one project idea that's been
brought up a time or two is mail gloves for rapier play.  Hate to make one
and then encounter concerns. :)

Chandra

--
Shri (Lord) Chandranath <chandra at plumes.org>, Insegnante of Mooneschadowe
"Per pale sable and gules, a decrescent argent."