[Ansteorra-rapier] Revised KWAR Marshalling Standards

Theron Bretz tbretz at io.com
Thu Sep 6 19:00:48 PDT 2001

> I'm sorry you feel that way.  I have been attempting to set one standard
for
> the activity of inspection.  It is not any one kingdom's standard, it is
the
> standard that many kingdoms appear to adhere to.  This was an attempt to
> REDUCE interkingdom strife.

Your attempt doesn't really seem to be working does it?  In fact, it's just
the sort of attempt the SCA gave up on in dealing with Inter-Kingdom events
years ago.  Which is why people are inspected to the standards of their
Kingdom if their marshalls are present at the event.  However you word it,
you're saying that you don't trust out-of-Kingdom Marshalls or
out-of-Kingdom rules to do their jobs unless they follow your dictates.
Such arrogance.

If you really wanted to reduce Kingdom strife, you'd just use the guidelines
that are already in place for inter-kingdom events.  As it is, you're simply
adding to the strife by your continued obstinance (or is it obliviousness?).

> And, if you've ready the whole revised standards message, you'll see that
if
> there is sufficient objection after I demonstrate what the standards are
> (because seeing something is much easier than attempting to explain it via
> text), I've offered to chuck it.

So, if enough people show up and tell you you're full of it to your face,
THEN you'll change the rules?  How very accommodating.

While the thought is tempting...no, 'tis a bit far to travel just to witness
a fiasco in the making.

Etienne