[Fwd: [Ansteorra-rapier] Rapier Melee practice]

Charlie Ribron II landf at airmail.net
Fri Sep 7 09:41:44 PDT 2001

I'm going to start off by saying I can spell the names of the castles I saw
the paintings in, but there on the spain and port. border.
  There are two paintings that stick out more then the othere 3 or 4.  One
depicts them fighting with swords ready to clash with cloaks and bucklers
and there is some thing like 12 to 15 a side and in the center of the
painting there is 2 fighter on one side shoulder to shoulder one is with
cloak and the other a buckler, the other side has 3 2 with bucklers and the
other with just his rapier. The second is of two sides facing each other
with just rapiers and it looks to me that there ready to charge into each
other. these two paintings were in the same castle and the one comes before
the other or by be not. But the paintings where nice to look at. When I was
there that's were I first met Sir Recardo (spelling?) if anyone remembers
him.
And at the end here, I'm not tring to get anyone mad or jump on someone. I
was asking a question so has to teach and learn at the same time. Because it
helps us all to share the things we see and hear. I have fun doing both
styles in rapier and hvy. So if you have fun doing what you like you can
learn more.
Ld Carlos