[Ansteorra-rapier] Questions for everyone....

Sean Hertzberg s_hertzberg at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 11:58:58 PDT 2002

This is a loaded question.  *grin*

In Ansteorra, we now have 76 WS.  Which means that there are 76 different
answers to the question of what a cadet is supposed to be.  That does not
take into account all the different cadets who have their own versions.

>I'm curious about everyone's opinion on something.  I've asked
>this question of a few fighters I know and have gotten vastly
>different answers.  So I'm curious what everyone's opinion is.
>I'm just trying to find out what the concensus is to these
>questions:
>
>1) What is the role, purpose, duties, and responsibilites of a
>cadet?

This depends on the WS and that particular cadet.

>2) What do you usually look for in someone to tell you that they
>might be ready for becoming a cadet?

see above

>3)  What is expected of one once they become a cadet in order to
>prepare them for becoming a Don?

Everyone is different.  Somepeople need a LOT of help with fighting, some
need socialization lessons, some people need to simply grow up.

>4)  Is it still possible to become a Don without being someone's
>Cadet first?

Has been done several times in the past.  Most recently, Don Aeron, about 2
1/2 years ago.  I think we now have about 7 WS who were not cadets.

>Like I said, I'm just curious, and don't mean to start any major
>debates or anything.  I'm just learning this environment and
>getting a feel of how people think and feel about this.  And sorry
>if this causes painful flashbacks to term papers or essay exams.
>
>Much thanks to all.
>
>In service,
>
>Corvin di Fenarro

Not a problem.  I know that my answers were a little vague, but the best way
to find out what any WS feels on this subject.  Most are more than willing
to talk.  They usually don't bite...much.  ;)

Avery Shaw
Aubrey's