[Ansteorra-rapier] ECWSA 17th Century Christ-tide Dinner, Rapier Competition, Pirate Gift Exchange This Saturday at Camp Tahuaya (Temple, Texas)

John Hidalgo yodel at texas.net
Wed Dec 11 16:46:39 PST 2002

Christ-tide is almost here!

www.ecwsa.org/texas

Here are the latest details

When: Saturday, December 14th, 2002, 9:30 AM to 5 PM and Dinner at 6PM

Where: Camp Tahuaya, Near Temple Texas

Activities: Pike Drill, Musket Reill, Field Tactical, Rapier Competition, Dinner and Pirate Gift Exchange

Contact: John Hidalgo 512-835-4024 yodel at texas.net or John_Hidalgo at dell.com

Hope to see you there!

Take care,
John Hidalgo

More Details:

Christ-tide Dinner and Celebration!

      Camp Tahuaya
      Saturday, December 14th, 2002, 10 AM to 10 PM
      Temple, Texas

Schedule

      Friday, December 13th

      5:00 Site Opens Set up
      7:30 Informal Dinner (probably offsite)

      Saturday, December 14th

      9:30 Welcome and Safety Briefing
      10:00 Pike Drill
      11:30 Musket Drill
      13:00 Lunch
      14:00 Road March
      15:00 Capture the Flag Tactical
      16:00 Fencing Competition
      18:00 Dinner at the Stage Coach Inn and Pirate Gift Exchange

Rapier Competition

      We will be holding a rapier competition on Saturday. ECWSA and SCA approved safety equipment allowed (preferred). Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded (see below).

      Powder Flask
      Reproduction Coins
      The English Civil War
      in Color Photographs

Dinner

      The Stagecoach Inn
      6 PM, December 14th, 2002

      On the Old Chisholm Trail
      Salado, Texas

      (254) 947-5111
      (800) 732-8994

      http://www.touringtexas.com/stage

      Pirate Gift Exchange

            We will be holding a Pirate Gift Exchange at dinner. The rules with be explained then. Stealing encouraged! Bring an inexpensive, period related gift.

      Directions

            From Austin/San Antonio:
            Take I-35 North through Salado to Tahuaya Road. Take Tahuay Road West and follow the road around (it eventually will turn right). Camp Tahuaya will be on the left.

            From Dallas:
            Take I-35 North through Temple to Tahuaya Road. Take Tahuay Road West and follow the road around (it eventually will turn right). Camp Tahuaya will be on the left.

--
[ bells2.gif of type image/gif deleted ]