[Ansteorra-rapier] Suggestions for classes for the next Rapier Academy

Chris Backus cbackus at peakonline.com
Tue Jan 22 17:38:02 PST 2002

How did I attack Alessandro again?

The problem that I think began this round of arguments concerned cadet
duties.  Nobody else generally directly takes the Princess' blade, although
I will do my best in the future.  You can blame the Dons for taking
unmotivated cadets, but I'm trying to say that you might get further by
delaying the blame shifting long enough to realize that the cadets who
haven't held the sword or the banners probably should consider whether they
should next time.

My personal opinion is that I don't care what the cadets decide to do.  If
there truly isn't enough motivation for them to guard the Princess or hold
the banners, that's OK.  I loved doing both of those things and would gladly
take a turn again.  I would expect no new additions to the Order of the
White Scarf of Ansteorra taken from those who haven't enough dedication to
Ansteorra to work for it.

There are always valid reasons not to do something, so please nobody email
me saying your spleen was bruised and you couldn't hold the blade at some
event.  I might laugh at you anyway, ask me life events I've managed to work
around.

Hawkins