[Ansteorra-rapier] Cadets Corner

Coby M. Lynd mcdougal at abilene.com
Wed Jan 23 16:56:00 PST 2002

4) On the need for new blood.  I have heard of people interested in rapier
 that said that unless you weren't interested in being a cadet or white
 scarf,  nobody would train you.  Has anybody else heard this?  I'll be the
first
 to admit that this may be one person's perception, but if other's feel this
way, then there is a problem.  It's possible for someone to start
dabbling and once they get the hook in their mouth they're stuck.

I have heard this a few times myself. I am also begining to believe it.
There are no WS or cadets within 50 miles. The number of fighters is also
dwindling locally.

Duncan MacDougall of Mendersham