[Ansteorra-rapier] Question about Triplette's R9 rapier

joe rummel jerummel2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 14:32:38 PST 2002

 Definately not legal in Ansteorra.  I have failed one of these in the past year.  The owner was told by Triplette that it was legal.  It would be fine with a heavy rapier blade.
Benedict - Ansteorran Regional Marshal

  KWilson at nisource.com wrote: I had ordered the new R9 rapier from Triplette with an epee blade. They
just called me and told me that it is not considered to be legal in ALL
Kingdoms with an epee due to the tip being able to get caught in the hilt.

Has anyone seen this guard, and is it legal or no? I don't want to bother
ordering it if it is not.

You can see the hilt at
http://www.triplette.com/Theatrical%20Fencing/images/sca/R9%20Guard.jpg

Thanks for the info.