[Ansteorra-rapier] Dublets

stephanie stuart azaleaviola at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 30 22:32:53 PST 2002

Well being a female fighter (very part time as of late)I have had much
difficulty with those not so guy shaped parts. I personally have looked for
dublet patterns shaped for girls with no luck. I have had to make the dublet
I now have with a drapped style pattern. I am considering looking at modern
patterns of business type suits to modify, but this involves *non-period*
techniques such as darting but hey-females didn't exactly fight back then
anyway so who's keeping score-we just want it to fit right? If you do find
some pre-made female shaped dublets for the love of god please tell me-these
are not fun to make!!Have a great day- Azalea

>From: GuyLestran at aol.com
>To: <ansteorra-rapier at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: [Ansteorra-rapier] Dublets
>Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:27:36 EST
>
>I have a fighter who doesn't want to wait for someone to maike her garb to
>fight in and is looking for someplace online to purchase a dublet,  price
>range they're looking at is up to $200.
>
>Anyone have any suggestions on what is out there?
>
>Thanks
>
>Sir Guy

your focus defines your reality