[Ansteorra-rapier] BOD ruling

James Crouchet jtc at swordworks.org
Mon Aug 4 10:05:39 PDT 2003

On Sunday 03 August 2003 08:48 pm, IagoAH at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/3/03 11:27:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
>
> b-richard at houston.rr.com writes:
> > Does this imply that single rapier will be on the decline in favor of
> > rapier and dagger since there is no prohibition of using a parrying
> > dagger to parry the opponent's hand/arm/wrist?
>
> There is still the rule that you can't strike your opponent with a
> weapon or part of the weapon not intended or designed for striking an
> opponent.

But a dagger blade IS designed to strike an opponent. I don't think there
is any rule to keep me from parrying someone's wrist or arm with the edge
of my rapier or dagger. And maybe getting a cut on them in the process. So
long as I do not chop them while landing that blade I should be legal.

But I like Senan's answer better. ;-)

Doré