[Ansteorra-rapier] My first Heavy Rapier

Dirk Stanley dirkstanley1503 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 17 14:13:38 PDT 2003

If you are going that direction, get the Del Tin. I would recommend Darkwood
Armory. They rarely sell just a blade and sometimes lead time is a bit long.
Also a bit expensive.

Advantages - 40+ inches compared to the typical 35 inch Schlager. The
"practice" Del Tin is what you want unless your going for almost full
authenticity.

Schlager is not bad. I have a 35 inch. It is quicker than a Del Tin but the
length disadvantage can be a real killer - pun intended. It typically cost
less...

Most everything else is personal preference.

Good Luck,

Dirk the Just