[Ansteorra-rapier] BOD ruling

Jack Dingler jdingler4 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 14:52:34 PDT 2003

I can understand the part about attempting to injure a person, but what
is the logic behind disallowing parries using bodily contact?

Sounds like a solution in search of a problem.

Has someone recently been injured due to a parry of this type? Or are we
trying to avoid all attempts at historical accuracy?

Perhaps there should be a ruling that prohibits rapier fighters from
coming within ten feet of each other, to be completely safe?

Jack Dingler