[Ansteorra-rapier] Argent Anniversary plans

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 11 18:22:17 PST 2003

Fair greetings,

I will be in charge of the rapier competition at Ansteorra's Argent
Anniversary next summer. I'd like something a bit more elaborate than a
single double-elimination tournament, and I'm currently kicking around
ideas for what to do. So far I've come up with:

1. A series of tournaments to reflect our history: one tournament that's
foil/epee only, one that's heavy blades only, one that's fighters' choice
and one that's sidesword (yes, I know that we're not supposed to compete
with sideswords; I'm still working on that detail. <G>)

2. A series of scenarios, maybe a "rescue the prisoner" theme or like the
"night on the town" scenarios we did at Bryn Gwlad Baronial Champion seven
or eight years ago.

So... what would folks like? Does anybody have any other suggestions?

	-Tivar Moondragon