[Ansteorra-rapier] Argent Anniversary plans

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 14 12:40:42 PST 2003

At 11:15 AM 11/13/03 -0600, you wrote:

>>Quoting Chris Zakes <moondrgn at austin.rr.com>:
>>

>>>Fair greetings,
>>>1. A series of tournaments to reflect our history: one tournament that's
>>>foil/epee only, one that's heavy blades only, one that's fighters' choice
>>>and one that's sidesword (yes, I know that we're not supposed to compete
>>>with sideswords; I'm still working on that detail. <G>)
>>>

>Well...yeeeeha!  Let's go break a rule or two and risk sidesword in the
>Knowne World!   Tivar...you old Ansteorran sneaky rascal, you!
>
>Seriously...
>I'm guessing that it's not in-kingdom folk that he's working on the
>"detail" with (he has until May).
>I'm also giving Tivar the benefit of the doubt, that it will be a
>demo/exhibition, if the "detail" doesn't get worked out.
>
>Isobel

<sigh> I am *not* interested in breaking the rules and/or risking the
sidesword program. If a sidesword tournament happens it will be with the
full blessing of the powers-that-be.

As I said in my original post, I'm "kicking around ideas" at this stage,
not making a serious proposal. Can we get past the fact that everybody
(even me) knows that the current sidesword rules don't include tournaments
and get back to the original point? I'm looking for suggestions, ideas and
preferences for the rapier competition at Ansteorra's Argent Anniversary
next summer. So far, *one* person has offered a suggestion (thanks,
Delphina!) and every other post has focused on the sidesword question.

	-Tivar Moondragon