[Ansteorra-rapier] Anyone familiar with Blue Gauntlet?

Kelly Hatcher ceallachdon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 11:47:47 PST 2004

Blue Gauntlet has the best prices I was able to find for epee blades
(See: http://kelly.dwarfworks.com/Blades/epees.html )

The dagger they are selling is a Flexi-dagger and is legal in Ansteorra
and again at the best price I was able to find (see:
http://kelly.dwarfworks.com/Blades/daggers.html ) but I for
longevity's sake
I would recommend springing the $40 for either of the SafeFlex or
DiamondFlex blades.

As for that Rapier blade ... at that size and price it _might_ be a
35" Hanwei  but without a much better picture (or a phone call to BG
to ask) there is no way to tell.
As I understand heavy rapier blades, only certain brand/manufacturors
are allowed
(see: http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/rapier/bladetypes.html )
For a pricepoint comparison of the various currently authorized Rapier
blades available see http://kelly.dwarfworks.com/Blades/rapiers.html