[Ansteorra-rapier] Academy of Defense in Bjornsborg

Bob Kelley bkelley at accdvm.accd.edu
Tue Feb 24 11:00:14 PST 2004

Greetings Ansteorran rapier fighters!

The barony of Bjornsborg is pleased to host this weekend's "Academy of
Defense" - a showcase for the display of rapier skills and chivalry!

As I put these words to paper, Masters from the countries of England,
France, Italy and Spain are traveling from the four corners of the
world, bringing with them their hand -picked students.  In words both
grand and eloquent, each of the four masters has informed me (and anyone
else within earshot) that their particular style of rapier combat is by
far vastly superior to any in the known world.  Furthermore, the four
masters have challenged that they will prove their school's superiority
by the deeds of their students and the skills of the masters themselves!
 No doubt, this assembly of talent will prove most interesting and
enjoyable!

The marshal of this event reminds me that a variety of interesting
scenarios await!  These include;

    *

      In field challenges, Masters of each country will set up pairs
      within their field.

    *

      During the Field vs. Field challenges, Masters will set up matches
      between their country and another. (Gulf War champion tourney style).

    *

       Masters Challenge

    *

      Training Scenarios are fun little ways of testing your ability of
      handling a rapier.

    *

      The Grand Melee will pit the newly chosen Provosts against the
      rest of the field.

Yes, there is time to declare to one and all that your heart blazes with
uncommon ferocity and you wish to be included in this display of rapier
skill!

Yes, letters of intent are still being accepted!  You may address them
to the Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg at TJBVKelley at aol.com

Should you desire to stand beneath the banner of one or the
aforementioned countries, then please proudly state your allegiance in
your letter of intent.

For more details, see http://www.bjornsborg.org/

We look forward to your participation!

Emrys and Brianna