[Ansteorra-rapier] Rapier at Argent Anniversary

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 11 18:54:59 PST 2004

I am looking for someone who is willing to be my "drop dead" deputy for the
rapier fighting at Ansteorra's Argent Anniversary.

Basic requirements are:

1. Familiarity with rapier fighting in Ansteorra.
2. Willingness to take over and run things in the unlikely event that I get
run over by a truck between now and July.
3. Ability to be at the event itself (Thursday July 9th to Sunday July
11th.) As of right now, the fighting is scheduled for Friday the 10th.

My current plan is either a series of tournaments, or a series of rounds in
a single tournamnent, reflecting the history of rapier in Ansteorra. One
segment would be foil/epee only (reflecting our past),  one that's
fighters' choice (showing the present), one that's heavy blades only
(showing one direction we're going) and, presuming I get permission, a
judged sidesword tournament (to show another direction we're going.)

I also want to incorporate a "challenge the champion" segment where the
fighters get to choose which past Queen's Champion they'd like to face.

One other thing that's been mentioned is a history display--showing off
older weapons, pictures of old tournaments, etc. Do people have enough "old
stuff" to make this work? Would someone  be interested in organizing this?
(This would probably be a separate position, not the drop dead.)

So... who's interested?

	-Tivar Moondragon