[Ansteorra-rapier] Argent Rapier Tournaments

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Tue Jun 22 18:20:16 PDT 2004

Fair Greetings,

Ansteorra's Argent Anniversary is a little more than two weeks away. There
will be four rapier lists on Friday July 9th, with armor inspection
starting at 8:00 am.

#4. Challenge the Champions. Have you always wanted to try fighting Don
Tivar with rapier and dagger, but never got drawn against him in the list?
Maybe you want to see if you're faster than Don Brendan, or more skilled
than Don Edward? Here's your chance. The past Queen's Champions of
Ansteorra will line up on one side of the field, and the non-champions get
to pick their opponents. Youth Rapier fighters will get to challenge past
holders of the Queen's Hope.

#3. Possible Futures. Heavy blades (schlagers, Del Tins, etc.) only. In
conjunction with this tournament there will be a judged sidesword
tournament as well. Please make sure you have your authorizations *before*
the event.

#2. Ansteorra Today. Weapons will be fighter's choice, any weapon legal in
Ansteorra, for which the fighters are authorized may be used. Youth Rapier
fighters will be paired against each other, but their pairings will be
included in the adult list.

#1. Ansteorra's Past. Foils will be the primary weapon, epees may be used
by "experienced" fighters (I will leave it to the individual fighters to
decide if they're sufficiently experienced with epees to use them in
tournament. <G>) By special dispensation from the Kingdom Rapier Marshal,
rattan, PVC and plunger daggers will be allowed, and I'll have a couple of
loaner rattan daggers available. Youth Rapier fighters will be paired
against each other, but their pairings will be included in the adult list.

I've lined up some really nice prizes for the winners of each of the four
tournaments, for the judges' favorite in the sidesword tournament, and for
the best Youth Rapier fighter. There will also be an overall prize for the
fighter who does best in all four tournaments.

	-Tivar Moondragon
Rapier Coordinator for Ansteorra's Five and Twentieth Year Celebration