[Ansteorra-rapier] AAA Tourney Schedule

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Tue May 18 13:43:17 PDT 2004

At 08:41 PM 5/17/04 -0500, you wrote:
>Don Tivar,
>
>(Posting this here, cause this might be of interest to others)
>
>I looked on the AAA webpage and only found one timeslot for the Rapier
>list... Has it been decided how the three tourneys will be run? Will they
>go one after the other? Or will they be at different times?
>
>Yours in Service,
>
>Jayme, Seawinds.

There are actually *four* tourneys, and they will pretty much run one right
after another, starting at 8:00 a.m.

The four tourneys are:

Tournament #1, showing our past: Foils will be the primary weapon,
"experienced" fighters may use epees. By special dispensation from the
Kingdom Rapier Marshal, rattan and PVC daggers will be allowed for this
tournament.

Tournament #2, showing our present: Weapons will be fighter's choice, any
weapon legal in Ansteorra, for which the fighters are authorized may be used.

Tournament #3, showing possible futures: Only heavy blades (Schlagers, Del
Tins, etc.) may be used. Fighters must be authorized with heavy blades to
fight in this tournament. In conjunction with this tournament, a judged
sidesword tournament will be held. Fighters must be authorized in sidesword
to compete in this tournament as well.

Tournament #4, Challenge the Champions: Past Queen's Champions will be
lined up on one side of the field. The other fighters will pick their
opponents from among the assembled champions.

Youth Rapier: Youth fighters are encouraged to compete as well. They will
be paired against other youth, but their pairings will be included and
announced with the pairings of the adult fighters. Youth rapier fighters
may compete in Tournaments 1 and 2 and may challenge past holders of the
Queen's Hope in Tournament 4.

Note that if you want to compete in the heavy blades tournament, you are
*strongly* advised to get your authorization before the event. While there
will probably be marshals at Argent Anniversary who could do heavy blade
authorizations, I expect they will be rather busy, so plan ahead. Also,
this will be one of the largest and most complicated rapier events
Ansteorra has ever seen; I'm going to need some help marshalling and
heralding the tournament.

	-Tivar Moondragon