[Ansteorra-rapier] Special Tourney at Stargate Baronial

Kevin Wilson kevwilson at swbell.net
Wed Apr 6 17:27:31 PDT 2005

 Greetings Unto the Rapier Fighters of Ansteorra,

Don Aeron Harper has offered a second List to be fought at this weekend's
Stargate Baronial.  It will be held either after the Tourney on Saturday or
On Sunday, time to be announced Saturday.  If it is the former, Don Aeron
will be running the list, if the latter, I, Don Avery Shaw, will be running
it.

Pray heed the words of Don Aeron:

"Here are the conventions:

-Single elimination
-Wounds retained
-If you are hit in the head, you are dead instantly.
-If you are hit with any other killing shot, you have a response window -
you cannot move save falling to the ground, but you can try one last shot or
finish
that last shot as you go down. Any touches from that shot are still valid.
-A good solid leg shot might be a fight-ender, I haven't decided yet. This
means a solid hit to the thigh or shin that probably would have hit bone.
Call it the
"Joachim clause." This wouldn't, however, apply to foot shots.

I plan to start it around 3:00 - hoping that the tourneys are over at that
time. If that doesn't happen then Avery has agreed to try to run it Sunday
morning.
Extenuating circumstances, however, hold that it may have to be postponed
if we have no time on Saturday."

Hope to see you all there,
In Service,
Don Avery Shaw