[Ansteorra-rapier] Queens - Weather? Here's How to Prepare!

Genna gennac at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 09:15:57 PST 2006

Good Gentles,

Yes there is a prediction of rain this weekend. If my anti-rain dances and
incantations don't work, here is what will happen:

The site has a permanent structure wooden pavilion that is large enough to
fight under. PLEASE BRING SHOES WITH GOOD GRIPPING SOLES AS THE FLOOR IS
CEMENT. We'll have canvas pavilion walls up on the sides to deter blowing
rain.

If you have your own pavilion I suggest you consider bringing it so that not
everyone is huddled under the permanent structure. It will give more room
for fighting.

Please bring chairs for feast - it will be served under the permanent
pavilion during court.

If it does rain we will try to adhere to schedule as closely as possible.

Don't get caught unprepared- bring cloaks, hats, rainproof gear. Assume
you'll get wet. If you don't- what a happy surprise!

Remember the good old days when all events were outdoors and there were no
contingency plans or indoor backups? This event will happen and be a success
and everyone will have fun if we all stay positive, work together and remain
in good spirits :)

As a side note, NO FIRES. DFW area is still currently under a Burn Ban so
there can be no open flames. If you bring stoves, grills, etc, they cannot
be of the gas/flame variety.

Ever in Service & Praying for Blue Skies,
Genna