[Ansteorra-rapier] [Namron] Tomorrow nights practice

Lord Orlando Di' Gilead daniel.pupek+sca at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 21:34:14 PDT 2007

First, thank you for mentioning the rapier practice as well!

The Tuesday practices really are the most promising I've seen anywhere
outside of a paid school. No matter which style you prefer (Rapier or
Armored Combat) the Tuesday practice is a must attend!

Furthermore, they can only get better! Attendance on both sides seems very
good and I am already having trouble scheduling tracks that will accommodate
newbies, beginners and intermediate fighters.

So, come on out and join us this Tuesday!

YIS
Lord Orland Di' Gilead

On 4/16/07, syr_owen at nordsteorra.org <syr_owen at nordsteorra.org> wrote:

> Bore da,
>

>         This practice is  different than any practice in the Northern
> Region it will focus more on learning how to fight, instead of throw you
> in
> armour and let you start swinging. We will work on footwork, shot
> combinations, drilling to achieve correct muscle memory, how to throw
> proper
> shots, body conditioning. This is just a small list of what we will work
> on at
> this practice. You do not need armour to attend this practice we will
> spend a
> good amount of time not in armour. If you have armour please bring it as
> working in armour will help you when you are fighting. There will be
> actual
> fighting as well however it will be unlike any practice you have ever
> fought
> at. You will develop skills you never knew you had.
>
> This practice focuses on learning how to fight so if you are interested in
> Rapier or Chivalric there is something at this practice that will help you
> become a better fighter. It will also help you become more in tune with
> your
> body for any physical activity that you wish to do.
>
>         Address and directions are listed below. I look forward to seeing
> as
> many of you that are interested, the practice will be this  Tuesday
> the 17th it will start at 6:30pm and will have to end at 9:30pm when the
> Recreation Center closes. If you call the Center we are listed as a
> Western
> Martial Arts class.
>
> Syr Owen ap Aeddan
>
> Sellers Recreation Center
> Address:   8303 S Villa Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73159
>

> >From Edmond
> Edmond, OK
> 1. Starting in EDMOND, OK on S BOULEVARD ST - go 0.1 mi
> 2. Turn Left on E 1ST ST - go 0.2 mi
> 3. Turn Left on S BROADWAY - go 1.0 mi
> 4. Continue on BROADWAY EXT - go 2.8 mi
> 5. Continue on US-77 SOUTH - go 5.0 mi
> 6. Take the I-44 WEST exit toward I-44 SERVICE RD - go 12.3 mi
> 7. Continue on I-240 EAST - go 0.5 mi
> 8. Take exit #1B/S. MAY AVE - go 0.2 mi
> 9. Turn Right on S MAY AVE - go 0.7 mi
> 10. Turn Left on SW 82ND ST - go 0.5 mi
> 11. Turn Right on S VILLA AVE - go 0.0 mi
> 12. Arrive at 8303 S VILLA AVE, OKLAHOMA CITY, on the Right
>
> >From Norman
> Norman, OK
> 1. Starting at the center of zip code 73071 on BEACON CIR - go 0.1 mi
> 2. Turn Left on MORREN DR - go 0.4 mi
> 3. Turn Right on 12TH AVE NE - go 0.9 mi
> 4. Turn Left on ROBINSON ST - go 1.7 mi
> 5. Turn Right on N FLOOD AVE[US-77] - go 3.5 mi
> 6. Continue to follow US-77 - go 0.1 mi
> 7. Take ramp onto I-35 NORTH - go 5.5 mi
> 8. Take Left exit #119A/SHIELDS BLVD onto SHIELDS BLVD - go 1.7 mi
> 9. Turn Left on 89TH ST - go 2.9 mi
> 10. Turn Right on S HILLCREST DR - go 0.3 mi
> [...]

"Prudentia Prius Viris" - Wisdom Before War

visit my blog @ http://dan-thinks.blogspot.com