[Ansteorra-rapier] gauntlets and rapier

rurikthered at swordworks.org rurikthered at swordworks.org
Thu Oct 11 06:19:41 PDT 2007

I see both parts being employed at the same time, not necessarily in the
same order of priority. First Priority would be what Don Robin stated...

 "Why do something so obviously suicidal?  If he grabs my blade, then every
fiber of my being will be absolutely focused on grabbing his.  If I spend
two seconds trying to free my blade, I'll be dead, *even if I succeed*."

Once this is accomplished , or better yet, simultaneously attempting what
Don Tiver stated...

"If we're fighting and you grab my blade, even if twisting it in your hand
doesn't injure your hand, I'm still going to be trying to get control of
my blade back."

I see this as doing two things, firstly, preventing my opponent for ending
the fight quickly as Don Robin pointed out with one shot once he grabs my
blade, by counter grabbing his, and secondly, hopefully distracting my
opponent, even if slightly diverting some of his concentration, on
maintining the grip and control of my blade with the result of my once
again gaining the advantage by freeing my blade and maintaining control of
his.

Rurik