[Ansteorra-rapier] AND

Garnet Stevens scooterjester at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 16:38:50 PDT 2007

Greetings,

If a rapped cloak is going to be tested against a
thrust or cut, then a chainmail gauntlet should be
tested against cuts since some believe that a cut
(push or draw) will still disable a hand with a
chainmail gauntlet on it.  It is more than obvious
that a thrust will take out a hand with a chainmail
covering, so that would not need to be tested.  I am
more than willing to supply my chainmail gauntlet my
real hand and even a live blade to see what would
happen.  I think I already know, but I may be wrong nd
am more than willing to test the theory.

I have been fighting with a chainmail gauntlet for to
many years to know that their is no threat to anyone
if the hand is deemed involnerable to cuts.  It is
fairly simple, if you grab a blade with a chainmail
covered hand you do it in the same safe way you would
following the rules of blade grabbing.  The only
difference is that a slice or cut does not take out
the hand.  You still are not allowed to twist or bend
the blade while holding it as in the regular blade
grabbing rules.  This is not rocket science.

Just as the question of throwing a cloak at a person
and it distracting the opponent for a moment to land a
proper kill shot, the chainmail gauntlet works the
same way.  If you miss your chance to kill the
opponent then you release the blade and continue
without loosing your hand.  For those afraid of the
advantage against a chainmail gauntlet, do what I do.
Send a thrust to that hand.

Lord Sebastiana

P. S.  No I am not kidding  :)