[Ansteorra-rapier] AND

Jeff Girard donhenri at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 17:04:52 PDT 2007

Those were most likely oyster shucker gloves. They are pretty good priced, when you can find them.

  Don Henri Molineaux

  P.S. Former oyster shucker.

Elton <elton2995 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  As I am just a lurker here, I probably shouldn't jump in, but back in my early SCA days a friend of mine made a pair of mailed gloves (mailed on the back only) that were litterly icepick proof. Granted they were a tighter link than most period mail, but impressive none the less.
Eric Blackmoor

Ceallach mac Donal wrote:
On 10/12/07, Garnet Stevens <scooterjester at yahoo.com> wrote:  <snip>

It is more than obvious  that a thrust will take out a hand with a chainmail  covering, so that would not need to be tested.

<snip>    I have to say that it's not obvious to me *chuckle*  Has anyone done any testing of this?  The only tests with thrusts  against chainmail  that I've seen have been against something like a sleeve (the gloves  I've seen have smaller links/rings) with long swords and the like.  I  do know that a butchers chain glove has kept my cousin's hand safe  from slips with a point.    Curious,  Ceallach mac Donal  _______________________________________________  Ansteorra-rapier mailing list  Ansteorra-rapier at lists.ansteorra.org  http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/ansteorra-rapier-ansteorra.org