[Ansteorra-rapier] Vivats for several fencers at Guardian of the Gauntlet / Iron Star

Dirk Stanley dirkstanley1503 at hotmail.com
Sun May 4 13:09:59 PDT 2008

Guardian of the Gauntlet

Thirty stout hearts came to face the gauntlet.
Challenges were four.
Chance in the guise of a proxy where everyone laughed.
Knowledge of history and war in two out of three.
Martial challenges were of past glories and new.
Three challenges were defeated by nine and awarded with a new chance.
With two, Chance found ally with a prepared mind and a strong arm were awarded one additional life.
With the gauntlet behind them, challengers faced each other.
There could be only one.
Seven times victors faced each other.
Many succeeded and were surprised by the chance awarded redo.
Two continued to the end of three lives.
And so the story continues.

Don Avery Shaw faced Don Christoforo Antonio Passavanti in the finals. Don Christoforo was undefeated and had been awarded a redo. Don Avery had one loss and no redos.

Don Christoforo yielded his “redo” and gained honor.

After two hard fought and very entertaining fights Don Avery Shaw is the newest Guardian of the Gauntlet.

Honorable mention to Cadets Kelly and Brian as the two last cadets standing and making the quarter finals.

Special thanks to Don Alaric, Don Sebastian as previous Gauntlet holders for bringing unique challenges to this Guardian.

Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 13:52:02 -0500From: james at crouchet.comTo: ansteorra-rapier at lists.ansteorra.orgSubject: Re: [Ansteorra-rapier] Vivats for several fencers at Guardian of the Gauntlet / Iron StarBTW, who is the new Guardian of the Gauntlet?CD