[Ansteorra-rapier] Friday night at Queen's Champion

Jeff Girard donhenri at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 10:53:34 PDT 2009

Greetings all,

My name is Don Henri Molineaux, and I have not had the privilege of fighting on an Ansteorran field of honor for more than 10 years. This situation will be rectified at this coming Queen's Champion. As I have been away so long, and so many fighters have joined in my absence, many of you will probably not understand the statement: "On Friday, Henri will be in his normal spot." Some veterans may need a slight jiggle of the memory:

I cannot sleep the Friday before an event, big or little. So I drag a couple of chairs, a table, cooler, lantern, propane or Coleman fuel burner for coffee, and spend a pleasant night of deep contemplations punctuated by visitors, old friends and new and anyone else who wouldn't mind a relaxing drink after a hard drive. If I'm not there when you get there, but my stuff is, I'm probably in the privy, or helping with a tent or pavilion. Just wait, I'll be back, and help yourself to the cooler and/or coffee pot.

I can't guaranty a full night as I have gotten older, but I'll stick as long as I can. I love watching dawn over a new list field. Nothing quite like it.

Don Henri Molineaux