[Ansteorra-rapier] (no subject)

Jeff Girard donhenri at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 17:26:49 PDT 2009

Rapier Fighters, Come One Come All To
Laurel's Prize Tourney
Hosted by The Shire of Seawinds
on September 12th
At Choke Canyon State Park, Calliham Unit

Granted, this is not your normal venue for Rapier, and we are not trying steal the Arts & Sciences, which is the REAL reason for this event. We in the Seawinds thought it might be fun for people who are not going to display to arrange at least a large fighter practice. If enough people show up to fight, then we can do some kind of tourney ourselves. Bear Pit, Snowball, Swiss 5, Single Elimination Best 2 Out of 3, Standard Double Elimination, etc. Whatever we want to do.

I will be Fight-o-Crat. However, we have a not so small problem. We do not have any Warranted Marshals in Seawinds at this time. So, I'm asking you, my brothers and sisters of the Rapier for someone to come forward and fill the slot of MIC for this event. We do have a number of people freshly minted as Authorized Marshals, so we can provide at least some support from us. I know this strange, but if were going to do any fighting, we'll need someone from out of our area. We just don't have our Warrants yet.

In addition to fighting there will be Breakfast and a light Lunch. Light, that is, until you get to the cheesecakes.

I hope to see you there and we will have alot of fun, that I can guarantee. We have a batch of newer fighters that just got Authorized and are chomping at the bit to blood their swords.

For more information about the event go to: http://www.seawinds.org/laurels_prize2009.htm

For volunteering to be the Rapier MIC position, contact me at: donhenri at yahoo.com

For the Shire,
Don Henri Molineaux