[Ansteorra-rapier] Clarification on Queen's Champion Tournament

Traci traci at crimsonvision.net
Thu May 28 06:48:46 PDT 2009

Greetings Everyone!

As the time for this tournament approaches, my excitement to see all Our
wonderful rapier fighters grows!  I wanted to make a clarification on some
wording that was presented on the website for this event (website at:
http://www.houselucerna.net/SpringQueens/ )

"HRM has asked that all combatants be dressed in appropriate clothing if
they wish to enter either the Queen's Champion or Queen's Hope lysts. This
means a reasonable attempt at pre-1600s clothing . Please, no exposed modern
fencing jackets."

I have been advised that there were several gentles that were worried or
discouraged from fighting in the lyst due to not having a perfect period
outfit including period shoes.  Please be sure that I want this tournament
to be open to as many fighters as possible so as long as a reasonable
attempt at pre-1600's clothing has been made, I will be happy to have you
compete.  I understand completely the need for modern shoes sometimes so
please don't let that hold you back from entering.

I look forward to seeing you all this weekend!

Thank you,
HRM Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa