[Ansteorra-rapier] Next Weekend (6/19) - 'The Just ‘Cause Tourney' - Shire of the Shadowlands

Benjamin White benjamin.white at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:10:23 PDT 2010

Busy this weekend... Can't come up the the Shdowlands practice... well
fear not! Next weekend (Saturday, June 19th) my good friend, Bastian
Eisengart is throwing an event. Details are below. There will be a
rapier tournament and if enough teams show up, we will have an Iron
Star tournament as well. the park has a few places to grill, so we'll
be having a bit of a pot luck in the evening and if that's not enough
for you, there will probably be some sort of post revel, because the
park closes at 9 pm.  -Connor MacGillivray

The Shire of the Shadowlands presents
The Just ‘Cause Tourney
June 19, 2010

(Why are we having a tourney? Just ‘cause!
Why do we have a mushroom on our head? Just ‘cause!)

Come one, come all! Join the Shire of the Shadowlands for a day of
tourneys, archery and fun (and maybe even a water balloon fight!)
Last chance to hone your fighting skills before Crown Tourney!

Activities include (but are not limited to):
• Armored Combat Tourney (possibly multiple tourneys in multiple formats)
• Rapier Tourney
• Iron Star Defense
• Fun Archery Shoot
• Potluck Feast
• More
Site is Free! NO NMS Fee! Hooray!
Potluck Feast! Bring something to share!
Site Opens at 9:00AM Closes at 9:00PM

Location: Austin’s Colony Park – Bryan, TX
Take your best route to Highway 6 and William Joel Bryan
Parkway/Booneville Road in Bryan. Go EAST on Boonville Road ~1/4 mile
to Austin’s Colony Parkway (First traffic light). Turn LEFT on
Austin’s Colony Parkway. Go ~3/4 mile to Austin’s Colony Park (just
past the elementary school on the right)
Parking in the elementary school lot is fine. Park has some picnic
tables on first come, first serve basis, restrooms, but no showers.
Site is adjacent to nearby grocery and food. Site is a public park and
open to the public at all times. Monitor your possessions…

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may
also attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized
Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents. Site is DRY! Pets on leashes
welcome.

Event Steward
Bastian Eisengart
(MKA Jedediah Tressler)