[Ansteorra-rapier] (no subject)

Daniel Umbehr baron.danielumbehr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 18:09:49 PDT 2011

Ive been out of the sca for a little over 2 years now, due to my mundane job. Now im about to return to ansteorra and rebuild my rapier gear. Concerning a mask/helmet... The longsword trainer helmet on darkwood armory, does anyone have expierience with it? what are your opinions? If anyone has one, then what are the measurments?

My idea was to buy one, wear a gorget under it, and to hang welded chainmail around the lower rim as if it were aventail (to compensate for the lack of neck coverage given by normal fencing masks). The chainmail would be from the ringmesh.com website, because it has already been proven to pass the punch test.

Would this be acceptable to the rules? Would it pass inspection?